Monday, October 08, 2007

Back on the Singletrack (sort of)

Well, it's been a while since I've been able to ride my mountain bike. Contrary to popular rumor, I did not hurt myself with improper latte drinking form. A seemingly minor incident in Gambrill a few months ago has sidelined with long lasting wrist issues. Luckily, I bought a road bike shortly before injuring my wrist and I've been able to put in quite a few miles on it over the last few months.

Yesterday I just had to test out the wrist on some tame singletrack so I talked the long, lost Brian Peretin into joining me for a mellow spin around Mont Alto.

We started about 9:30 am in the parking lot and crossed over 233 to the doubletrack that leads up behind the campus. We headed up the fire road to Lost Creek and then back down to 233. From there we spun up Snowy Mountain Road to the bottom of Crumble. Turned right and followed the singletrack down through the woods and up to the Dog House. From there it was a fun, fast descent down Wayne's Trail back to the park. All in all the wrist feels pretty good, still hurts a bit, but better than a few months ago.

The singletrack may be short-lived though, as I have an MRI coming up to determine why I am not back to 100% yet. Could surgery loom in the foreseeable future? Hopefully not.

Hope to join you all on your next ride from Mont Alto (so I can wimp out and leave early if my arm can't handle it)

Happy Trails!

P.S. Charlie Toth's big white monster car was in the Mont Alto parking lot with bike rack attached when we finished our ride. I think he is secretly planning his return to the front of the MBM singletrack pack...

1 comment:

pabiker said...

Good to have you back. Be careful at Starbuck nonetheless.