Friday, April 06, 2007

Ride Report - Where have all the cyclists gone?

Riders: Sue Witter, Chris Bratthauar

So it's a bit windier and colder than usual for this time of year...maybe 20 degrees or so with 20+ mph winds. I expected the ride to be lightly attended on Thursday night, but figured someone would show up. At 4:45 pm I was the only one in the parking lot and I was starting to think that the Thursday night ride location had changed without me knowing.

Then Witter's YUV (yuppie utility vehicle) slinked into the lot. Whew, I thought, atleast I don't have to ride in the cold by myself tonight. We both got dressed in enough gear for a January ride and headed out.

Once we got moving it was relatively easy to stay warm on the climbs but the descents were a bit chilly. Two hours on a cold Thursday night and we packed it in. We got back to the cars right about 7 pm with the temperature dropping along with the little sunlight that was left.

Hopefully, as the weather warms, the rest of the Thursday night crew will turn up.

Happy Easter!

No comments: