Monday, February 23, 2009

Michaux Mash Preride on Saturday

Michaux Mash

I have seen more than one question concerning what the course is like. Well, if you're curious, come out on Saturday, Feb 28, and see what it is.

We will meet and start from the boat launch parking lot off Milesburn Road at Long Pine Reservoir. Ride start time is 9:00 so please be ready to ride by 9:00. We will ride up Milesburn Road to Ridge Road to the actual race start and then ride one lap of the course as a group. After the first lap, if people want to, they can ride it again at their own pace. One lap is 9 miles. We will ride 2-3 miles to reach the course start.

Please let us know if you plan to show up. We will only wait at the start for those that RSVP!

The race proceeds go to help support the Cyclesports Fast Forward Developmental Mountain Bike Team.

Do it for the kids!

10 comments:

Buck said...

He Brett I will still take that fork! My cell is four 0 four thirty four twenty seven. Thanks and let me know. Josh

Dkeg said...

Directions to the start of the ride from the intersection of 233 and 30 would be nice.

T said...

I'll be there.
Trevis

brett said...

True, DKeg, true. From the 30/233 intersection at Caledonia, head North on 233 towards Pine Grove S.P. About 2 miles up the road, turn left on Milesburn Road (dirt road). If you pass the empty reservoir, you went too far. Head up Milesburn until you see the reservoir and the boat launch parking area on the right. The boat launch is right at the start of the reservoir. If you actually look straight out your passenger window and see water, you missed the turnoff. Pull in and park.

Dkeg said...

Thanks Brett! I am planning on coming. If my plans change I will let you know.

SkinnyLegs said...

I'll be there.

goat said...

I'll be there...with Moats & Rider Big E in tow.

--Goates

Joeltrain said...

I probably will have to sit on your wheel all the way up Milesburn.

Anonymous said...

You guys have fun. I ran the trail last night. Ridge road is messy. The trail going out over the ridge is awesome. Canada Hollow was tough. If we get the rain Ridge Rd will be a bog.
Great ride.

SaSaSandie said...

I'll be there tomorrow morning. I have bronchitis or something...it's hard to breathe. I'll try to start up the road to the race start point before every one else so I don't slow the group down too much. C ya'll tomorro mornin