Sunday, April 05, 2009

Monday Nite Rides at the Pump Track

I'm gonna try to start a regular Monday night ride at the pump track:
- most folks aren't going to ride hard on Monday nights
- give your legs and ass a break and work the pump and flow
- leave your bikes on the car for work on Monday
- ride a block and grab some pizza or beer afterwards
- swap bikes, do a little digging

I'm thinking maybe 5-7 PM, or 6-8, or 6-7, or whatever. Sometimes I'll be solo, sometimes with kids, sometimes I'll be out of town. I think this will work if you can regularly count on a few riders being there if you go. We'll know in a month or two if this is going to work out.

Weather dependent always, if it doesn't rain at all tomorrow, it looks like a good night to start it.

Reality check: looks like we might be starting next week instead...
"Monday: Showers and thunderstorms before 1pm, then showers likely......"

5 comments:

pabiker said...

You know if you did a little more community-organizing and fundraising you might be able to put a dome over that track - just a thought.

camps said...

I have been thinking about that. Not a dome necessarily, more like a big shelter pavilion. Stay tuned for the next blog poll.

prophet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prophet said...

The Hughey clan showed up at the pump track about 5:30 on 4/13. Got in about 30 minutes of riding. Met Paul there so that made 5 at the first weekly Monday night pump track ride. Where were the rest of you?

camps said...

I've been sleeping in bed all day,
caught some easter poison or something..When I woke up this morning I planned to Pump, then it went downhill fast for me...