Sunday, August 28, 2011

You need a singlespeed



POSTING FOR BEN SMITH

Very nice singlespeed 29r with a very nice component spec:

$800 local special - if you pick it up, otherwise price is as stated below.

I have used this bike for about one season. I built it mid season about last year this time. I bought the frame from Performance bike and then sent it out to be powder coated translucent burnt orange. The frame and parts are in great shape with just the normal cable rub and small scuffs. The left crank arm has some marks from hitting rocks but nothing that affects the function. The part spec is as follows:

Frame: Access custom powder coated (size LARGE)
Fork: Manitou Minute ABS+
Cranks: Truvativ 1.1
Pedals: Sealed bearing platform
BB: Eccentric Forward Components (no tensioner needed w/ vertical d.o.'s)
Wheels: RB Design hubs w/ WTB rims and alloy nipples
Tires: front Schwalbe Racing Ralph, rear Kenda Nevegal w/ puncture resistance liners in both
Brakes: Hope Mono Mini w/ custom one finger levers,185/160 rotors (I will also include the stock ones)
Stem: Ritchey WCS
Handlebar: Ritchey Carbon
Seatpost: Ritchey Carbon
Grips: ODI Lock-on
Seat: WTB

The seatpost has a crack in it so I'm also including a alloy one. I have been using this post since I built the bike with no problems. I will also include two sets of brake pads and two tires. One Schwalbe Racing Ralph (has a small cut in the side wall) and one new Maxxis Ardent. Asking $1000 and I will drive to meet anyone within 3 hours of Chambersburg, PA. Shipping is available though.

More pics and contact info here: http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/909358/


4 comments:

HOward said...

That girl looks like she`d buck ya right off the back with that seat angle!

David Henderson said...

Nice bike, but I must confess, I like gears.

HOward said...

Gears are for qu#%@$!!!
Just kidding, I must confess, I like gears too. I miss them from time to time.
But every time I`m out on a ride with my geared brethren and someone`s shifting is all jacked up or someone`s deraileur gets ripped off, I really appreciate my trusty single speed and it`s simplicity!

Anonymous said...

If you want gears I have a Sram 9.0 setup I will install at no additional cost... I will swap the eccentric bb for a standard one. email me at biketrials20@hotmail.com if you have any other questions.